COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND ACCOUNTANCY
The College of Business and Accountancy, formerly the College of Business Administration was one of the pioneer colleges of the CSC during its inception in 1972. During its first year, the college was under the supervision of the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
A year after, however, a full-time dean was appointed. In order to keep abreast with the dynamic changes in business and technology, the College has submitted its programs to periodic accreditation. In addition, the College continues to be an active member of the Philippine Association of Collegiate School of Business (PACSB), Philippine Council of Deans and Educators in Business (PCEDEB), Association of Marketing Educators (AME), Council of Management Educators (COME), and Philippine Association of Educators in Office Administration Foundation, Inc. (ENEDA). Its membership to these organizations sustains its task of quality business education.
Moreover for complete sustainability of business dynamism, the College continuously collaborates and links with other business schools in the Region and with government and non-government agencies such as the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) Catanduanes Chapter, Regional and National Council of Business Deans and Educators, Provincial and Local Government Units (PLGU), Radyo ng Bayan –Virac, Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Provincial Office, Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR), Provincial Office, Legazpi Savings Bank, Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP) Virac Branch, Vision Bank, Philippine National Bank (PNB) Virac, Branch, Government Service Insurance System (GSIS), Social Security System (SSS), National Statistics Office (NSO), Small and Medium Enterprise Development (SMED), Council of Catanduanes, the different Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), and a number of cooperatives in the province through extension and on-the-job training services. The College offers curricular programs that are attuned to the programs of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and are in consonance with the needs of the industry and other business-related stakeholders.
Philosophy, Vision, Mission and Goal
In consonance with the Philosophy, Vision, Mission, Goal and Objectives of the Catanduanes State Colleges, the College of Business and Accountancy envisions to accomplish the following objectives:
Be a center of excellence in business and accountancy education and a leader in research, extension, and production activities for the sustainable operation of the College.
1. Formulate, update and implement relevant undergraduate programs in business and accountancy education;
2. Prepare students to become future accountants, business executives, entrepreneurs, and office administrators;
3. Provide students with foundation in the pursuit of higher education such as Law, Graduate and Post-graduate courses;
4. Ensure quality instruction by providing competent and highly qualified professors, relevant curricula, and state-of-the-art facilities;
5. Enhance the competence of students through on-the-job training exposure and/or engaging in actual business operations;
6. Strive to maintain a passing percentage in the CPA Board Licensure Examination that is above the national passing rate;
7. Explore potential developments in regional, national and international student education;
8. Provide for professional growth and development of faculty members;
9. Encourage and facilitate more research, and make significant contributions to the academic and professional literature;
10. Contribute to the socio-economic viability of the community within the scope of the College’s professional competence through the conduct of relevant extension services;
11. Engage in income generating activities through the production and sale of instructional materials and other knowledge-based income generating ventures;
12. Increase interaction with other Schools of Business and other professional bodies as well as with government and non-government agencies locally and internationally; and
13. Ensure the controlled development of the College and its activities.
List of Courses
Master in Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
Bachelor of Science in Accounting Technology
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major Fields: Financial Management ,Human Resource Development Management, Marketing Management
Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship
Bachelor of Science in Office Administration
1140total visits,3visits today